Monday, February 27, 2012

떡볶이 (Ddeokbokki)- Spicy Korean Rice Cakes

No comments     
categories:  ,
Was talking with my junior the other day about ddeokbokki. I think i ate ONCE before in Ipoh. Thanks to my junior i managed to buy these and try to cook using my limited kitchen utensils in my hostel. It wasn't hard to cook as i thought.

This is the rice cake and the paste.
In order to make the ddeokbokki more lively, add some meat and vegetables. I opt for sausages cause it's the most convenient meat i can get nearby my campus. Kinda disappointed cause i didnt manage to get the cabbage :(

Cut the sausages into smaller pieces. I used the sharp edge of peeler due to limited utensil.I dont have a knife with me :(
1. Wait the water to boil.
2. Put in the rice cake. My junior suggested to steam the rice cake but due to limited utensils, i just boiled it for about 15 minutes until the rice cake is soft.
 3. Put in the sausages.
 4. Put in the paste.
 5. Heat until the rice cake absorb the sauce.
Feeling proud with the outcome though lack of utensils. Kinda miss my home kitchen. Gonna try this again when im back home. I think will taste better with the fresh meat and some cabbage (not the salad cabbage type) and a touch of some spring onion and sesame seed :)

0 thoughts :