Monday, January 05, 2015

Time Machine in 2014


Embark into another new year with full of dreams, goals and hopes. 2014 has been great with tight and busy schedules for the first 6 months followed by an ample rest for the remaining half of the year. I am not a wordy person. I like to keep things short and simple. In case if you feel that this post is getting longer, do bear with it as it took months for me to update something in this space. Perhaps, I should consider “updating blog frequently” as my major resolution this year. Here are some major events happened in 2014.

6th Anniversary
I started this blog as a diary concept, a place for me to express my feelings and a short practice for my writing skill. Then, I wrote about my personal lifestyles, families, friends and foods. I like to eat, taking pictures and travelling so I am willing and won’t be stingy in sharing my past experiences with you. Do kindly drop a comment if you have something that you would like to know and I will reply you as soon as possible.

Friends
I strongly believe that a human cannot live alone and we need a companion. Thanks to all my friends (hometown, USM, UTM, hengdais & jimuis) who always did things crazily and remain supportive for the past years especially Phon that has been accompanying me almost every day during my studies. We had meals and outings together as well as supporting each other during our busy schedules.
We celebrated New Year together and had my master project presentation the next day (2 Jan) so it was like a half day break for me.
Our favourite food spot. Dong Seoul, Sutera. I missed this a lot!!!!
Graduated again
Taking master in taught course mode is considered a good choice which you get to attend classes/ lectures/ seminars and you get to do a detailed research project. The good thing is you can complete your studies in 1.5 years (confirm) as long as you passes all the exams, master project presentation and complete the thesis writing. Looking back at my daily planner, master student life (taking taught course) is a real busy business. Imagine you have to attend classes as early as 8am until 1pm, lunch hour might be shorten to 30 minutes because the lecturers would like to extend their classes and rushing to the lab by 2pm to do several testing for your research. Worst case is when the technician is on leave, or the machines are break down/ spoilt, or you need to do the testing equipment bookings 2 months ahead before your actual testing day. So, everything deals with PLANNING. Another thing that I would like to point out is I am doing my master research project solely under a post-doctoral student with guidance under a Professor. I gain a lot of valuable knowledge and experiences when working with both of them. They are very strict with the research results outcome and I have to repeat 3 times for each testing. The course subject syllabuses that I took were slightly different from my previous university (the reason why I chose to study in another university). I am very blessed that I got the MyMaster (MyBrain15) scholarship which my tuition fees was fully waived. Graduation this time was a bit short and rush for me but I am thankful for those who attended and witnessed my less than 1 minute fame on the stage. Thanks to the crazy summer, kok sun and cyg that came all the way from Penang. Thanks to those who attended my graduation day and all the awesome gifts that you gave.
My coursemates. Congratz all!! 
with Phon
The crazy gang... thanks for coming....
Concert
I have always wanted to be a part of SHE concert and I missed their concert in 2013. Never ever gonna miss it again whenever they hold a concert in Malaysia. Thanks to my sister, we managed to buy Hebe concert ticket and got to hear she sang LIVE. It was AWESOME and unforgettable night.

Resolutions/ Goals in 2015
I don’t have any specific plan for this year. I got a job (not MNC) which I feel it is a good start as I get to learn a lot of new things. My colleagues are very friendly and helpful which I couldn’t ask for more. I get to travel again this year and hopefully I get to see the Sakura moment. In the meantime, stay healthy and positive.

1 thoughts :

Unknown said...

Opps!.. almost one year.. i really miss that time and thank you too for spend time together..😢😢