Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dental Braces-and it's PINK!!!

5 comments     
categories: 
13 October 2010-Kinda of one of my BIG DAY-the day my teeth gonna transform from ugly situation to a better one....

The morning itself i didn't take my breakfast. Accompanied by Ernest and Damian, we headed to Gurney, Penang for McD!! Had my Spicy Chicken McDeluxe and waited the long que outside Sushi King for our 2nd round. Haha.. Had 18 plates and we shared a table with a couple =.= Didn't get to enjoy much unagi and salmon =(

Then, headed to the Smile R Us Dental Clinic. Greeted by the receptionist, she asked me to read on some article bout the Dos n Don'ts during the braces period. Lucky me, i have a bunch of experienced friends to guide me through for this whole process. Then waited for my turn.

Soon, the assistant called my name. The clinic started become kinda creepy cause quiet, but luckily i have 2 friends accompany me on that day. When i entered, the assistant asked me to choose the colour for the rubber that  attached to the brackets. There are lotsa colours that you can choose from-which i choose dark pink.
This is my first visitation for putting on the braces. This process is mainly to enabled your teeth to have some gap and the teeth will arrange in a straight line. Most people said i took around 6 months to see the result so im waiting for it ^^
Informed the ortho that my gum is in pain for almost 2 weeks but then he said that's one of the process and it's recovering. So, i did not bother bout it. He then helped to check my teeth condition, the gum, the brackets (ring) before the polishing process.

After that, some sort of 'glue' apply on my teeth before brackets are placed on each tooth. The assistant then used one machine-blue ray to dry up the 'glue'. A wire is put in the middle of the brackets and the rubber is used to fix the wire in the position. He then cut the excess wire and checked my teeth before saying a goodbye. Basically, i didn't feel ANY PAIN during the whole process. You dont even know it's done unless the ortho told you.
Then, the receptionist brief me through bout braces once again and taught me how to take care and brush my teeth. Bought special toothbrushs and toothpaste. Too bad i cant upload the picture (stupid uni line). Will post bout it in the next post....

HahaZZ... Im trying to adapt with the braces on life now. Trying my best to give the sweetest smile. Feeling myself like 'Ugly Betty'.....and im happily capture the teeth condition as much as i can... ^^
It's almost 4am now and i better go for bed now.... Take care peeps... Itz 4th day and im counting ^^

PHOTOS (those in clinic) CREDIT TO ERNEST!!!!


5 thoughts :

Ken Wooi said...

i always pick dark colours when i used to wear braces :)

bendan said...

OMG~ You're doing brave!! I have think of doing braces but.. scare!! Arghh... they say is a suffering process. Will u feels so much pain?? How about the cost anyway?

Joy Easily said...

ken: wow.. never thought u wore braces b4.

bendan: Just go for it!!!!!! After 2 years, u will feel it's worth!! At 1st you'll feel scared, but then actually it's nothing. So far it's not the 'really pain' condition. Just that i face difficulties in chewing food. Your teeth will feel like no energy to bite. The cost depend on the place that you plan to do your braces. My friend did her braces in taiping for rm2500 and i did in Penang. Penang itself have lotsa ortho clinic and the prices are various.

Queennie cherish-happy-to-be-..... said...

Hi , may i know the office hour of the dental ?

Joy Easily said...

Mon-thu 0930-1200, 1430-1800
Fri 0930-1300
Sun 0830-1200, 1430-1800
Sat n public hol closed
Not sure they change the consultation hours or not.