Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dental Braces-1st Appointment

4 comments     
categories: 
Finally i have the courage after 5 years of considering to find an orthodontist. Actually i did find an orthodontist when like 7 or 8 years ago?? in my hometown General Hospital but they didnt 'layan' me =.= Whatever... The 'wait' makes me just find a private orthodontist instead. After few consideration and surveys among my friends who did braces, i chose Smile 'R' Us Dental Clinic for my dental braces ^^

Smile 'R' Us Dental Clinic is situated in One Stop (somewhere Gurney in Penang Island). Frankly, that place is super not convenient for non-penangite like me =.= Luckily i have few friends that are willing to fetch me there. Thanks to JC for fetching me there for my 1st appointment.

Before this, i called the clinic to make my appointment. The receptionist is very kind. On that day itself, frankly, i unable to find that clinic. Thanks to the receptionist that willing to come down from the clinic and show me the way =)

For my 1st appointment, the receptionist brief me on the package that they offered. There are 3 packages and you have time to decide which package you wanted to take. After that, i went to see Dr. Steven Lee (my orthodontist). He checked my teeth and asked me to extract 4 tooth. Actually he decided to extract 2 tooth but i decide to extract it in my campus instead as i didn't take my breakfast and lunch. So, he put on the separator so that there's a gap to put the orthodontic brackets in advance.

Separator in purple color.. Yippee~~~

Actually the doctor said my teeth looks quite OK. Surprisingly~~~ If you notice well my lousy teeth, i have improper arrangement for my bottom teeth (as shown above) and also upper teeth...
So, recently i need to be very hardworking to take picture with this arrangement of teeth. Else, i wont able to see it again after 2 years... Yeah... I give myself 2 years for this ^^ Wish me luck ya~~

4 thoughts :

dancingthrulife said...

How do u like that place? I have so many things to complain about this clinic. Dr steven hardly talk or explain anything. I got my braces off last month and in dilemma. There's few gaps here and there. I'm going to see him and complain again. He did a lousy job. I even found few complains about this clinic online. I guessed I'm not alone! :(

Jia Xin said...

Hello there.
Did you continue with Smile R Us till the end? Or did you switch orthodontists? I just had 4 teeth extracted, and suddenly only read till so many bad reviews, so I'm having my doubts about continuing...
Are you satisfied with the end result?
Thank you so much if you can reply me.

Joy Easily said...

Frankly, the services are so-so. I requested to remove earlier because i am out of the city for good so my bottom teeth is not really complete yet. As mentioned by the comment earlier, Dr Steven hardly talk and you have to deal with the admin in front. I did request to do check up once a month but due to TOO MANY customers, they only manage to do check up once in 2 months. I didnt see any good result from my friend (which she chose the ceramic braces). Recommendation: please choose the traditional metal braces.....hope this can help you a liitle bit.

Jia Xin said...

Thank you! I was hesitating between the ceramics or traditional ones, coz the receptionist recommended the ceramic ones. Thanks for letting me know which is better.
But were you satisfied with the end result, even though you had to take them off earlier? Did you regret it?

Really thank you for the reply :)