Monday, November 05, 2012

HK & Macau Itinerary Day 1 [Mong Kok]


Reached LCCT around 0015 using the last flight from Penang International Airport (PIA), met up with my travel mates while waiting for our flight around 0600!!! It was supposed to be a trip of four, but one pulled out due to some personal matters. Aww.... It's ok. Ernest (E.), Damian (D.) and me helped you to enjoy Hongkie and Gambling Land ♥

Top 3 things that you MUST do when you visit HK:
1. Get a Hong Kong (HK) map complete with the street names as it is super duper useful and convenient. I threw away my map so I cant show you the HUGE map. Here are some of the maps (Sample 1Sample 2) complete with the street names and nearest MTR stations. Some of the MTR stations are quite near to each other so you can save some HKD if you walk extra steps. You can get maps at HKIA Information Centre.

2. Get a MTR system map (I got the map at the MTR station). Just aim for the red-white symbol when you search for MTR.
I used this everyday during my trip!!
3. Get an Octopus Card at the airport and you can refund it after your trip. Can be used for MTR and buying stuffs at the supermarket. Can be reloaded at MTR station. 
Octopus Card
Frankly, we did not have a detailed plan for this trip. All we have was 'Top 10 must visit places' list and slightly discussion in the airport. I booked a place to stay for the first 2 nights through hostelworld. Thanks to E. and D. for downloading an apps regarding MTR system in HK and we always got less lost direction moments during our trip. I think I should feel blessed because my travel mates are very good in finding foodies and directions. HahaZ... *Recommended travel mates* Due to my good limited Chinese language knowledges, I was really thankful that both of my travel mates know how to read Chinese language!!! *At least I know how to speak a little Cantonese~~

Basically, HK can be categorised into 4 major areas: Lantau Island, Kowloon, New Territories and Hong Kong Island.  

random shot in LCCT while waiting for our flight (photo credit to E.)
my travel mates, D. and E. (photo credit to E.)
and ME, while waiting for my flight in LCCT International Departure Hall.
Despite lack of sleep, the kiddos still can carve a BIG smile.
Leaving LCCT. 0630 hrs. Still dark.
0653 hrs. Love the sunrise.
0941 hrs. I slept for almost 2 hours.
1009 hrs. Upon arrival after 4 hours flight. It was a misty day in HK. Malaysia and Hong Kong have a same time zone.
ME on the moving walkway in HKIA.
the kiddos were busy searching for WiFi. lolZ.
direction (photo credit to E.)
remember to take your time (photo credit to E.)
going to the baggage claim/ immigration area (photo credit to E.)
the train is coming (photo credit to E.)
inside the train (photo credit to E.)
immigration (photo credit to E.)
baggage claim area (photo credit to E.)
Using 'Airport Express' to Tsing Yi.
3 languages used: Cantonese, English, Chinese. Video took by E.

As we were staying in Mong Kok area, we had to change 2 MTR lines from airport.
dark green-orange-red. so colourful.
1. Airport Express (dark green):Airport-Tsing Yi
2. Tung Chung Line (orange):Tsing Yi-Lai King
3. Tsuen Wan Line (red):Lai King-Mong Kok

At Tsing Yi station. If you are confused about which line to use, just recognise the line colour will do.
love their 'line-up' culture.
I stayed in Argyle St. So, the nearest MTR station is Mong Kok.
There are several exits available for every station. Try to search for the exit according to the place you wish to go at the Exit Information Board (photo credit to E.)
Mong Kok!!! Finally I am here~~~!!!
We had a bad time searching for this place (Ah Shan Hostel). Thanks to E. and D. for having a good sense of directions. Checked-in and ready to explore Hongkie~~

Randomly selected a coffee shop as it was about 1400 hrs. Hungry to the MAX~~
I love HK's 奶茶 (milk-tea). Don't know why. Just love the testure of the milk-tea?? Hongkie style: add your own sugar intake for your drink.
My 1st Hongkie meal. Thanks to D. for menu translation. HKD31 include drink.

*Next stop: Tsim Sha Tsui (TST)

0 thoughts :